Lund / Full Time / Lund, Sweden
At Backtick, we’re a mix of software engineers, data engineers and data scientists. We're a small consultancy company helping our customers to go from data to production ready machine learning systems. Backtick is a leading company in MLOps and open sourced Cowait in early 2020. We embrace creative working environments, diverse ideas and an open culture, all while making sure Backtick remains the best place possible to call your job.
We're seeking a project lead ready to bridge the gap between engineering and business requirements, working close with our customers and engineering teams. In your role, you'll be responsible to collect and organize customer needs and use them to define roadmaps and strategies together with tech leads and their engineering teams. You will also need to become deeply familiar with customer expectations, users, their needs and perspectives, incorporating the information into future development of products and projects.
You have exceptional people skills and an ability to organize, structure and prioritize large amounts of information from various sources, using it to plan future engineering efforts. In addition, you have:
- Empathy and a humble attitude
- Desire to work on projects aiding our planet and society through clever use of technology
- Ability to take ownership of your decisions and take responsibility for the entire teams work
- Willingness to learn and adapt to different customers and their needs
What you will do
- Gather and keep track of customer needs, plan future development given feedback both from stakeholders and engineers.
- Making sure Backticks deliverables meet the customers expectations.
- Adapt future development and roadmaps to changing requirements while making sure both stakeholders and Backtick engineers are onboard with the changes.
Working at Backtick
Our primary focus at Backtick is providing value to our customers while making sure our employees have the best possible workplace. We spend significant resources on R&D and product development with a vision of becoming a product company, encouraging employees to explore new areas. Every year, we organize an autumn adventure trip, a spring get-away and the ever more popular hackathon Codecation, which in 2021 took place at Silverfield Villa.
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work hours and vacation
- A generous budget for hardware, education and tools
- Lots of fun gear to play around with (3d-printer, bare metal office cluster)
- Possibility to purchase shares in the company
- Fika 🍪
- Lots of fun at work!
If you are interested in this position, please reach out with a brief introduction and your resume to:
Michal Stypa, firstname.lastname@example.org