Senior Software Engineer
Lund / Full Time / Lund, Sweden
At Backtick, we’re a mix of software engineers, data engineers and data scientists. We're a small consultancy company helping our customers to go from data to production ready machine learning systems. Backtick is a leading company in MLOps and open sourced Cowait in early 2020. We embrace creative working environments, diverse ideas and an open culture, all while making sure Backtick remains the best place possible to call your job.
We’re seeking a senior software engineer who is ready to work with new technologies and architectures in a forward-thinking organization that’s always pushing boundaries to deliver the best possible solutions for our customers. In your role, you will take complete, end-to-end ownership of projects across the entire stack. Our ideal candidate has experience building products across the stack and a firm understanding of web frameworks, APIs, databases, CI/CD pipelines and cloud environments. You’ll be joining a small team working at the forefront of new technology, creating a solid foundation for future development and leading the way for less experienced engineers.
You have a strong background in computer science or a similar field, valuing simplicity and performance. In addition, you have:
- 4+ years of software development experience
- Empathy and a humble attitude
- A preference for writing maintainable code and pipelines
- Acceptance for occasional hacky one-off solutions
- A solid understanding of backend infrastructure and networking
- Ability to face customer needs from a business perspective
You have experience working with:
- JS/TS API frameworks such as Express, Apollo or similar
- A few different database types such as SQL, MongoDB, Redis or similar
- Testing frameworks such as Mocha, Jest, Chai or similar
- CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, Concourse, CircleCI, GH actions or similar
- At least one cloud provider (AWS, GCP, Azure), and some of the (relevant) managed solutions they offer
- Linux, shell scripting, git
- Docker registries and build systems.
You're familiar with, or at least have a basic understanding of the purpose of the following:
- Infrastructure as code frameworks, such as Terraform, CDK or similar
- Message queues such as RabbitMQ, MQTT or similar
- UI frameworks such as React, Vue or similar
Working at Backtick
Our primary focus at Backtick is providing value to our customers while making sure our employees have the best possible workplace. We spend significant resources on R&D and product development with a vision of becoming a product company, encouraging employees to explore new areas. Every year, we organize an autumn adventure trip, a spring get-away and the ever more popular hackathon Codecation, which in 2021 took place at Silverfield Villa.
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work hours and vacation
- A generous budget for hardware, education and tools
- Lots of fun gear to play around with (3d-printer, bare metal office cluster)
- Possibility to purchase shares in the company
If you are interested in this position, please reach out with a brief introduction and your resume to:
Michal Stypa, email@example.com