Lund / Full Time / Lund, Sweden
At Backtick, we’re a mix of software engineers, data engineers and data scientists. We're a small consultancy company helping our customers to go from data to production ready machine learning systems. Backtick is a leading company in MLOps and open sourced Cowait in early 2020. We embrace creative working environments, diverse ideas and an open culture, all while making sure Backtick remains the best place possible to call your job.
We’re seeking a software engineer who is ready to work with new technologies and architectures in a forward-thinking organization that’s always pushing boundaries to deliver the best possible solutions for our customers. In your role, you will work with engineers across the company starting new or further enhancing existing projects for a variety of customers. Our ideal candidate enjoys a collaborative environment involving different stakeholders and subject matter experts with an open mind and eagerness to acquire new skills.
You have a background in computer science or a similar field, valuing simplicity and performance. In addition, you have:
- Empathy and a humble attitude
- Desire to work on projects aiding our planet and society through clever use of technology
- A preference for writing maintainable code and pipelines
- Acceptance for occasional hacky one-off solutions
- Ability to face customer needs from a business perspective
What you will do
It’s not expected that any single candidate would have expertise across all listed areas. What matters for us is your readiness and ability to develop skills within at least some of the areas with help of other Backtick employees.
You might work with the following technologies:
- API frameworks such as Express, Apollo, Flask, Django or similar
- A few different database types such as SQL, MongoDB, Redis or similar
- Testing frameworks such as Mocha, Jest, Chai, PyTest or similar
- CI/CD tools such as GH actions, Concourse, CircleCI or similar
- At least one cloud provider (AWS, GCP, Azure), and some of the (relevant) managed solutions they offer
- Linux, shell scripting, git
- Docker, registries and build systems
- Infrastructure as code frameworks, such as Terraform, CDK or similar
- Message queues such as RabbitMQ, MQTT or similar
- UI frameworks such as React, Vue or similar
Working at Backtick
Our primary focus at Backtick is providing value to our customers while making sure our employees have the best possible workplace. We spend significant resources on R&D and product development with a vision of becoming a product company, encouraging employees to explore new areas. Every year, we organize an autumn adventure trip, a spring get-away and the ever more popular hackathon Codecation, which in 2021 took place at Silverfield Villa.
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work hours and vacation
- A generous budget for hardware, education and tools
- Lots of fun gear to play around with (3d-printer, bare metal office cluster)
- Possibility to purchase shares in the company
If you are interested in this position, please reach out with a brief introduction and your resume to:
Michal Stypa, email@example.com